viernes, 21 de diciembre de 2012

If it was my last day on earth...

I woke up and talked to one of the most important people in my life, sent him off his journey with a kiss. I spent all morning lazing around, doing things I like, cleaning a bit for my mom, and eating good stuff for lunch. I enjoyed a nice afternoon read and went to class only to find it had turned into a play room and we made fake snow snowmen. Talked to my family, got an unexpected present, a job offering, a couple of hugs and kisses and the love from children, which is always the most sincere. I went out with a friend, walked around town, shared a good laugh and decided we'd do this every week day, healthy too. A young man acknowledged me and made me feel pretty, with no fancy clothes or make up on. Back at home, I fell asleep on the couch to the background sound of my mother and her friend chattering, after a nice dinner and a talk with my special someone, who told me he was safe and sound at the station, and now that I'm about to make my way back to bed, I realize that it was a great day.

Should this, for whatever reason, be my last day on earth, I do believe I lived it to the fullest. And then a realization hits me. This is not so uncommon in my life. I just chose to ignore it and focus on the drawbacks, the inconveniences that come with human interaction. So I have now a new life purpose, I'll make a point to keep record of the good things, and cherish them for what they are, even if it is just a warm cup of tea and a nice book. Spent too much time complaining to see the true beauty of the small things. And at this time and place, I have to say, I am thankful. For all the people who stayed through thick and thin, for those who helped me get back on my feet, even if it hurt, for my dog and her snores, for the warmth and the cold and everything. It's been a rollercoaster of a week, but I think I'm coming out wiser and stronger.

And thanks to you, whoever is there reading, for listening.

No hay comentarios: