lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013

And miles to walk before I sleep

Escaping my screaming mind. It says 'run' but all I do is stick to the plan and stay for a little longer. Tomorrow may not come, and I don't want to be caught by dawn wheezing my lungs out. Can you sit here with me for a while? I don't care what happens, I don't give a fuck. When the bridge comes, we'll cross it, if we have to, but for now I want to sit down and soar.

I will burn myself, the fire's too close. I have done it  before, it's not like I didn't know. My mind is yelling at me to get away, but I stay. And it sounds like a voice, little in the beginning, tiny little voice that speaks almost shy but all too clearly. And it has been here, silent all these years.

I might step into the woods, never come out. I might lie watching the snow fall on me from the clouds. It looks so enticing, a hideout, a safe haven I can run away to. But this little voice that's becoming bigger says I can make it. Says fire burns, but no dragon is afraid of fire. So I stay, take baby steps towards today.

"[...]The woods are lovely, dark and deep, 
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to walk before I sleep,
And miles to walk before I sleep. "

No hay comentarios: