lunes, 21 de enero de 2013

Marriage?

"Marry me."

"You have to be kidding me. Again."

"No kidding. Marry me. I'll say it as many times as I have to."

Stuck in a catch-22, damned if I do, damned if I don't. Would love to say yes. Would love to love him. And maybe I like him, a lot. True friend and ever-present, he can be my platonic would-be, and I can dream all I want, it's fine. The feeling that something's got to give never comes, never the crash, never the fall.

"You're stuck with me for a long while."

"Please."

Admirable, how he turns my world upside-down, how he makes my frowns become smiles, how unfair this is. Unfair because I'm still learning. He's learning, too. I'd love to kiss his hands, to set the both of us free. And maybe then we can eat cranberries like crazy while road-tripping through Lousiana all the way to the North Pole. We'd make a damn fine couple too.

So maybe I'm not marrying you... yet.

No hay comentarios: