domingo, 28 de agosto de 2011

The lovely bones

Or how life goes on.

It was the purest kind of love. Unspoken, carefree, hopeless love. The kind that smacks you in the face with its force. The kind that's hidden in soft caresses and words of goodbye. The kind that we shared.

It spoke to me in shushed whispers, your arm drapped over my shoulder, my head on your chest, as we both tried to disguise the lust with slumber, the ache with laughter, a song we both sang, voices trembling, united, shuddering, longing, forlorn.

I doubt I'll ever feel a kind of love so naïve, so unexpecting. Maybe it was the fact that we knew the one night was the only night, that every minute shared, every word we spoke, could and probably would be the last. Your world and mine, so apart, clashing only by chance, and however much we try to stay entwined, we both know it was only a matter of time.

And it better stay that way too. You and I, it's a fight lost from the beginning. And though your song brings tears to my eyes, I just can't help but smile.

We'll keep the memories close to us, to let this pure, unspoken love stay innocent and alive forever in our mind.

No hay comentarios: