viernes, 19 de febrero de 2010

Innocence

Waking up to the warm feeling of the sun shinning over me. Maybe it's the false illusion of love curling all over my body, but spirits soar high, far up the clouds where you rest with your angelic smile, watching over me.

And I don't want to let go of it, it's too calm, too perfect, too ethereal and short-lasting. This feeling of innocence that was long gone by the moment I knew what I wanted, what I needed. Spent my childish beauty on lies and deceit, on stick figures of reality, and now that the sun's up and glaring all over us, now that I can see, it's sad that I have to see it go away.

Engraved you on my skin, tore me open for you, but you wouldn't come back, your breath only a whisper in the morning mist. Cold flesh and bones of mine, in the raw winter sunlight I can see your shadow looming all over me, looking after me, snuggling in the covers of my bed. I can see the mirror images of my eyes in yours, the same greyish shade of green and caramel dripping from the insides. The structure of your bones, the lips, so full, so begging, so very pale. The little things that makes us one, half souled and all.

Craving for your touch, for your embrace, I waste away, a withering image of what I once was, as I watch you leave as if in slow motion, dreams going back to where they belong, where I am the queen of the lovely mirrors, where I can stay beside you, protected by our army of cloned angels.

No hay comentarios: