martes, 14 de febrero de 2023

Hearts

I used to think highly of Valentine's day. I dreamed of the pretty gifts, the romantic dates, the kisses, the caresses. 

I used to think there was nothing more romantic than a rose bouquet and a thoughtful gift, holding hands on the street. Silly me. 

I've since come to learn that the most romantic gift is knowing that tomorrow, when the hearts disappear from the store windows, you will still be sleeping by my side, keeping my feet warm, you'll still worry that I forgot my gloves, you will still look for gifts for me, kiss me when I get home and tell me I'm beautiful before I put my makeup on. 

Love is not found in grand gestures some days of the year, love is found in the small things, and our life is full to the brim. 

Still, happy Valentine's, my love. 

No hay comentarios: